Re: [pygame] Dirty rect overlapping optimizations

In my experience, I've found it is better to optimize the game as if the whole screen was being updated at the same time.  The effect being, I never bother with dirty updates.  It seems that many games will have moments of brief full or near full screen updates, and time spent optimizing the screen updates is effectively wasted.