[pygame] Raycasting question for pygame

Hi all,

                I am intending to start on a pygame project which is basically a maze in first-person. However, I realised that in order to do so, I (most likely) have to use raycasting. Although I am able to find a introductory document on raycasting online @ https://permadi.com/1996/05/ray-casting-tutorial-table-of-contents/, I am, however, unable to understand it or use it at all. It’s actually for my school capstone project but I have never tried doing 3d games before (and we weren’t taught so) and I’m still a beginner to coding. As such, could someone kindly guide me in ray casting or to a suitable tutorial? Thanks!

Cheers,

Cravan