Re: [pygame] Python/pygame version compatibility

On 24/03/20 5:52 pm, Irv Kalb wrote:
But I've read here that Python 3.8 doesn't, or at least didn't, work
with the current version of Pygame.  Is this still true?

I've just been through the process of trying to get pygame 1.9.6
working with python 3.8 (mainly because they're the current versions
and nobody told me to do otherwise). I had a few problems, but
they were mainly about getting the right libraries in the right
places. So far I haven't noticed any incompatibilities between
python and pygame.

I compiled both python and pygame from source on MacOSX Sierra.
I don't know what the experience would be like for someone
installing them from binary distributions.

Would it be
best to have my students use the same set up as me with Python 3.7.x
?

If you have a combination and installation procedure that you
know works, it would seem like a good idea to recommend it to
your students.

--
Greg