Re: [pygame] File-like objects and mixer.Sound

Pete writes:
 > > first, make sure you've got the latest cvs code, since i've
 > > definitely done some work on the file-like loading since pygame-1.0

Aquarius responds:
 > Ah, here's my problem. I've just got the latest CVS code, but I can't
 > install it afaics, because it needs the distutils and they haven't been
 > packaged for Debian for python2, only for Python 1.{52,6}. Debian
 > people who are compiling pygame from source, how are you installing it?
 > Perhaps I'm just being thick here.

Hi! A few things:

- Aquarius, I'm not sure why you're having problems. I'm running
python2 as well, and I can build the pygame cvs without difficulty.

Here's dpkg -l | grep python2:
ii  python2-base   2.0-6          An interactive object-oriented scripting lan
ii  python2-dev    2.0-6          Header files and a static library for Python
ii  python2-tk     2.0-6          Writing Tk applications with Python2 (Tkinte

Maybe you need the -dev package? I went to the pygame directory, and
went...

$ python config.py
$ python Setup.py install

Everything went fine.

Hey Pete! Here are a few errors that have crept into the build (as of
cvs May 17):

src/event.c:845: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer
type
src/image.c: In function `image_save':
src/image.c:122: warning: `typeflag' might be used uninitialized in this function
src/image.c:122: warning: `formatflag' might be used uninitialized in this function

There definitely was a problem with loading file-like objects using
pygame.image.load(), it segfaulted for me with 1.0 (and, as a matter
of fact, every previous version of pygame :)). CVS works fine.

--
David Clark
silenus@telus.net