[pygame] Would like to contribute newbie documentation

Hello all,

I'd like to make a quick introduction. My name is Scott Patterson and
I've been programming for the last 8 years and enjoy game programming
most of all. I've started writing some games using SDL in C and C++ but
became quickly discouraged by the complexity. Then, I saw this "pygame"
library and was very interested. Upon looking at some of the code, I
couldn't believe how small and concise it was. I thought to myself that
this must be "slower than molasses" but was pleasently surprised by the
performance after running the demos/examples.

So, I've decided to take the plunge and learn this "pygame" library. Oh
yeah, did I mention that it's so nice to worry about the logic and not
all the nitty-gritty details that C or C++ make you manage.

Anyway, what I have to offer is newbie documentation. As I write simple
programs to test various features of the library I'd like to document
them and have some of the users review them. We could then base some
formal documentation based on my notes and such.

I'm doing this because there is no "hello world" or any other easy
programs in the documentation. As it currently stands, the SDL C
documentation is very thorough in covering one concept and that's the
approach I'd like to take. Explain one concept and explain it well.
Then, it will be up to the user to patch things together!

Does this interest anyone (I hope)?

Scott