Re: [pygame] pygame.image.save?

> No tracaback, nothing. I have to say, with Python, this is a first. :-)
> I suppose there is a bug in 1.0's Surface.save() with StringIO file
> objects? If  so, don't worry about it: it can wait until 1.1
> (for me, at least).

yes, you can still make segfaults in python with poor C extensions. :]
nothing to worry about though, as this has also been fixed recently.

> Hm. I have never used CVS. I see that you updated your tarball today,
> though, so I am tempted to try it out. Do you recommend I use the
> CVS version to develop my game? Would I be better off sticking to 1.0?

i manage to get the cvs updated a couple of times per week. i would
recommend developing your games with the cvs releases. the "real"
pygame releases are targeted more for end users. so a game can say
"requires pygame-1.0" and end users know exactly what they need.

if you have a game that is nearing completion, then i would say
stick with the latest full release (or perhaps waiting until the
next full release is on the shelves)

the cvs versions of pygame have all been quite stable (aside from
a few exceptions here and there). there haven't been any breaking
changes (like the Surface.save moving to image.save) since before
pygame-0.9 (back in february). hopefully there won't be any more,
but in the case of "save" i made a small exception. (based on how
many projects i estimate are using it (and how often i estimate
the code actually appears in those projects))

> Great job! I look forward to seeing it.

well, if you feel brave it will be in there later tonight.