[pygame] Progress report

Hello folks!

I had a big translation contract this week, so I had little opportunity to
work on my game. But I did get the www.loisel.org server fully back up and
stable again... and today I took the time to upload screenshots. (Please
remember that the actual tiles are from Freeciv.)

http://www.loisel.org/jerome/python/images.html

There is not much, but you can see the features about which I asked question
on this list: transparency (look at the edges, where the shadows start) and
the mini-map. Notice the white rectangle on the mini-map indicating the
visible portion of the bigger map.

The game itself is mostly non-existent, but the config file parser is coming
together very nicely. Take a look at the left-most May 30 image on the page.
It is dynamically generated from the following configuration file:

http://www.loisel.org/jerome/python/.carte.html

As you can see, the config file is nice: it supports sections, multi-line
strings and multiple values for config keys.

My parser can only read config files so far, but I will probably add support
for editing and writing of config files. I will need that to make a map
editor.

If there is any interest, I could clean it up, think of an intelligent API,
document it and release it separately. What do people here think? Is it too
trivial to bother with?

Cheers,

Jérôme Loisel

--