Re: [pygame] Help with install: previous declaration of `pause'

Stephen Boulet wrote:
> Well, it did compile and install, but it dumps core on input:
>
> Pygame Parachute Traceback:
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pygame/__init__.py", line 107, in ?

hooray, my little traceback enabler pays off. :]
the segfault is happening when loading the pygame.movie module. i'm
pretty sure you have a movie.so from the previous RPM you installed and
the rest of pygame is built from source. i'd expect mismatched python
module versions to crash like this. (hmm, something i should check for
and cleanly warn and fail).

if this is the problem, either delete the movie.so (in fact, delete
everything) from the /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pygame directory.
then reinstall from source.