RE: [pygame] Pygame 1.5 Released

Leonardo Santagada <retype@terra.com.br> brilliantly replied:
> Ken Seehof <kseehof@neuralintegrator.com> escreveu:
>
> > BTW, are there plans to do midi?  If there are no plans in the works,
> > I might be able to contribute something.  I guess what would make the
> > most sense would be a standalone python module for midi with hooks that
> > help with integration into pygame.  I've already written a wrapper for
> > the Windows low level midi API.  Presumably the same would have to be
> > done for each platform, unless someone has already done an open source
> > multi-platform midi sequencer library.  Let me know if you know of such
> > a thing, since I need it for my other work.
>
> I think that pygame already has midi support, because I remember that I
> installed timidity in my windows ME box to play a game.(but I am not sure
> if it was a py-game).

Yes, it most certainly does!  For some reason I assumed that it only did
wav files.  Doh!

Anyway, for some reason I was thinking about low level midi capability
(everything from note-on/note-off to sysex).  But the standard sequencer
capability (playing midi files) is enough for most purposes.

- Ken Seehof