[pygame] Fullscreen Jerky Mouse

During development I've been using windowed mode, but I went to test my app in fullscreen mode the mouse was really jerky. When I click or press a key, the program reacts and draws just as fast as it did in windowed mode but mouse movements are awkward. This is meant for a touch screen monitor so jerky mouse movements won't theoretically affect things. However, I was wondering if this some kind of known issue specific to mouse problems or if I should look at my code to optimize it.

Thanks,
Andy