Re: [pygame] flickering

How can I make a decent game without using doublebuffering? This seems a
bad limitation for SDL(maybe not directly related to the library)?
Maybe just check if the OS isn't linux and remove it in that instance?

You'd be surprised how well things work on a non-doublebuffered display. I thought the same thing that you did until I ran pyDDR fullscreen on a machine that wouldn't do it and got like 40fps on it. As long as your sprites are placed intelligently, there's a good chance you might not even be able to tell.

--
* tgz@orotech.net * http://clickass.org * ICQ# 1107012 * AIM/Yahoo: theGREENzebra * http://mp3.com/thegreenzebra
-----GEEK CODE 3.12-----