[pygame] windows tga loading problem

Hello, I've just joined this list, although I've been using pygame for some time now, it is a fantastic library!

I have one problem at present,

under windows (I use pygame under both windows and linux) and version 1.55 I cannot seem to load .tga images with pygame.image.load('test.tga') - the same image seems to work under linux (last time I checked anyway), and works with 1.53, am I missing something here?
even if I load a png image and save is as tga I cannot then load it back in as tga:
stuart, hmm, looks like the binaries i created for SDL_image didn't include TGA support this time around (strange). as a quick solution, you could download the windows binary for SDL_image and put the SDL_image.dll into the installed pygame directory. you may lose support for a couple other formats, but you should gain tga.

http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_image/release/SDL_image-1.2.3-win32.zip