Re: [pygame] pyGame AND wxPython working on win2k

On Wed, 07 May 2003 23:13, Riccardo Trocca wrote:
> This sample I built works on Win2k too.
> I'm using the latest stable versions of both pyGame and wxWindows.
> I've been able to track down the problem of SDL surfaces popping up in
> another window delaying the "import pygame" statement. It seems that on
> win2k just importing pygame causes some initialization, preventing the user
> to change some parameter like the windowid.
> Hope that this can be fixed because the code looks really ugly.
> I could not try it on Linux or other platforms therefore I don't know if it
> works at all.
>
> Riccardo

Was there a problem using pygame and wx under win2k? I never noticed, and I've
been using them together for about 6 months, I will disect your code and see
what is different when I get some time (and sleep, it's nearly midnight here
and still a lot to do..)

The one problem I have had is that if I process pygame events
(pygame.event.pump(), pygame.event.get()) they will work for a short time
(around 10 secondsish) then lock up inside one or the other.
I call these from within a wxtimer event, at either 10Hz or 1HZ (this is not a
game, so 10Hz is plenty), but have just noticed this problem, so have not
looked too deeply (I processed no events prior to this and I did not need
them).

Regards,
Stuart W.