Re: [pygame] Jerky motion in window--not in fullscreen

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Eric Burgess wrote:

>I'm using pygame + pyopengl to create a scrolling game, and it's working
>great.  In fullscreen, everything is just as smooth as it could possibly
>be, but I get some stuttering when I run in a window.  My game isn't
>missing frames; I had it log elapsed times during frames and they were
>all 0 or 1 ms, with a few 2, 3, 4 thrown in, but nothing higher.

Maybe the stuttering somehow has to do with the redrawing not being
synchronized to the screen refresh? If you repaint in Pygame while the
screen is being repainted you could see tearing and maybe some stuttering.

--
  The trouble with being a god is that you've got no one to pray to.
                                        -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods