Re: [pygame] Can pygame have all compiled modules in one file ?

On May 1, 2004, at 1:54 AM, Michael wrote:

I'm just curious, is there any posibility to have compiled pygame pyd/so files to be in 1 file ?
I understand that you want some flexibility by loading them online and having some vars from OS, but still want to decrease number of files I'm delivering to the users to minimum. Right now when I compile with py2exe it produces about 18 .pyd files for pygame.

It's probably possible to build a static python that includes all of these things, but it is FAR more trouble than it's worth.
Can't you include all that stuff in a zip file and load then include the zip file in your modules path?
No, you can not load a dll directly from a zip file. You could put them in there, uncompress them at start, load them, and then delete them.. which may or may not work. But again, more trouble than it's worth.

-bob