Re: [pygame] Python, Pygame and Performance

> > By now of course several game engines have shipped to store shelves
> > with Python as their scripting language. I know Freedom Force used it
> > extensively, and I've wondered how critical it is in their newer
> > MMORPG, City of Heroes. Other games like "Backyard Hockey" have been
> > created almost entirely in Python. After the developers ditched their
> > previous simple scripting language SCUMM. I know the Lua language is
> > also used in many game titles. Lua is not as high level a language,
> > and definitely more of what I'd consider a "glue" tool.
>
> Eve Online is also another big Python user.. they're actually using
> Stackless Python.

And let's not forget about "Temple of Elemental Evil", a RPG based in D&D
rules ... as I remember, it is made almost entirely in python and low
portions of it in C. Though the game was *SLOW* (even in a machine that
cuadriplicated their requirements) ...

Python rocks. It may not be very fast. But rocks nonetheless...
Nicolas