Re: [pygame] Cannot blit to an OpenGL surface

On Wed, 26 May 2004 21:17, Andrew P. Lentvorski, Jr. wrote:
> I am getting the following message:
> "Cannot blit to OPENGL Surfaces (OPENGLBLIT is ok)"
>
> What is it telling me that I should do?
>
> I could map a surface to a texture, but that would cause
> me to have to do a whole bunch of power-of-2 work.  Is
> there an easier or more direct alternative?

glWritePixels is one option, but not the fastest.
A texture is a faster option.
With VERY new hardware, you can start to look at NPOT support to allow any
sized textures.
Otherwise there are vendor specific extensions, but you lose some
functionality.
I suggest having a look around the forums on opengl.org

Regards,
Stuart.