Re: [pygame] 2D opengl framework

hi again

somebody was interested on checking out the pygame version so i quickly put together a pygame version.
www.ixi-software.net/alpha/mirra0.2_pygame.zip
The only differences are the main.py module where the App class inherits from PygameApp instead of GLUTApp and the eventlistener instanciates PygameEventListener at events.py module instead of GLUTEventsListener.

I am not sure either if windows can be given a certain position like in GLUT. The rightmousedown and rightmouseup events are neither working, but the rest should be ok as far as i can see.

I would like to have both GLUT, Wx and pygame versions together so that there are three classes for the APP and event listener and I dinamically choose the one to use. I was suggested to apply factory pattern to solve this but i havent had time to go into it, and i am not experienced on pattern design, so it will take some time but specially because i am having big problems with the wxpython opengl canvas, I find painfully complex to set up properly I probably better start from scratch.

Any questions or feedback is more than welcome,
best

altern wrote:
hi all

We just released the version 0.2 of Mirra the 2D openGL framework we are creating. It can be downloaded from
www.ixi-software.net/content/body_software_mirra.html

It is at the moment based on GLUT but we plan to have it working soon for Pygame and WxPython. I have actually the pygame version ready, it was not difficult but I am waiting to have the three of them working together. If anyone is interested on the pygame version as there is only one module that changes, i could post it if requested.

any suggestions and feedback are welcome.

--
enrike