Re: [pygame] SOC Proposal: Networking for Pygame

Hi, My name is Frode and I am another student with a proposal for SoC and a networking module.

Bryce Allen beat me to starting the discussion here, but it is already going well. I have some questions regarding the SDL events, and how a networking module would use these. Since there (afaik) isn't any standard network events a implementation would have to use USEREVENT or higher. Wouldn't this be a risk, both to existing code and to the networking code itself? The risk being events that are interpretted as being of a type, when its not, and thereby causing faulty data or attribute errors. Measures can be taken to protect the networking module, and since there isn't many games with network support yet the potential damage isn't that big so I guess it could be sacrificed, but it isn't a pretty solution.

Are there any other solutions?

Anyways, its getting way too late.. good luck with the proposal Bryce, and to all a good night!