Re: [pygame] Classless Utilities?

andrew baker wrote:
I fail to see why a single Jukebox object is prohibitive. Instantiate it at the beginning of execution, and then just use it throughout. Or, have your list of sounds in a list in your sound module. Python handles namespaces fairly symmetrically, so you shouldn't see much of a difference.

The reason was, think of a button. If I want a button to beep when clicked, I'd most likely have to either pass it a reference to the Jukebox so it can call a function, or have the function be free-standing so it can be called from anywhere. But if I use that trick of defining the class, then making an instance of it in the module itself, then that works; I'll have a reference available from the main program, anywhere.

Kris