Re: [pygame] Mask

I downloaded the image and opened it in notepad...
There ain't no bill of rights! ;)
No idea about the PIL error, I've not made a py2exe of anything but straight Pygame thus far.
I'd like to see the source, I'll try to py2exe it as well if you want, see if I get the same error,
or freeze or whatever EXE thing you're using.
As I said, not much experience on that stuff yet.
-Luke

Kris Schnee wrote:
I wrote a program that does steganography... to get an idea of what it does, see http://kschnee.xepher.net/pics/darwin-source.png -- the source code is embedded in this image. A copy of the Bill of Rights is at http://kschnee.xepher.net/pics/bunny.png .

Only problem is, I can't distribute it as an EXE, which most people will need to actually use it. I'm using the Python Image Library rather than Pygame this time, for the sake of PNG file support -- a resonably common Web graphic format that's lossless. The EXE crashes with the following error:

File "Image.pyc", line 1745, in open
IOError: cannot identify image file

Last time I asked, in a vaguer way, the response was:

Is there a libpng/libjpg in your dist directory? That might be it.

But:

As far as I can tell, no. In fact, though I remember reading that PIL required ZLib to run properly (http://www.pythonware.com/library/pil/handbook/formats.htm), my list of downloaded files doesn't show that I ever downloaded it! Does this mean I should download and install it, then pull some file/directory out of it and put a copy in the dist directory of my program, even though it apparently runs as source code without the library?

Any ideas? If I can get this thing working I'll distribute it. I could even post a link to the source code first.

Kris