Re: [pygame] py2exe and pygame fonts

Are you copying the font file to your distribution folder (dist/)?  That's what was happening to me.

On 5/15/06, rld201 < R.L.Davidson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear all,

I am currently trying to use py2exe to package my pygame project for windows.

This works fine except....

my pygame program uses the pygame.font.Font functions to write to the display.
When I run the program through py2exe no flags are thrown, but when i then run
the  .exe file it fails and the log reports:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "EyeMouse.py", line 669, in ?
  File "EyeMouse.py", line 665, in main
  File "EyeMouse.py", line 397, in mainLoop
  File "EyeMouse.py ", line 22, in __init__
  File "EyeMouse.py", line 205, in __init__
  File "VideoCapture.pyc", line 50, in __init__
  File "PIL\ImageFont.pyc", line 231, in load_path
IOError: cannot find font file

I am trying to use the Times New Roman font. I have tried calling this using
pygame.font.SysFont, pygame.font.match_font, and finally storing the times.ttf
file locally and calling it directly using pygame.font.Font . Each of these
methods work perfectly when running from the python environment, but when
packaged using py2exe the same log report results.

Do any of you know how i can get the fonts to be found by the packaged
distribution?

Any help greatfully appreciated.

Rob

--