Re: [pygame] people hating python for game dev.

Haroon Khalid wrote:
I am new to game dev, and it seems lots of people are being an asshole when it comes to some
gaming help. When I mention that python is ok for game dev, they start some shit about "there is
like 1 commercial game in python" and all this other garbage. So does anyone know why these people
are giving me shit about it. It seems that they hate it since its not popular compared to C.

------------------------- http://www.boringdays.com

That's actually not true, there are lots of commercial games that use Python. I've only heard of one commercial(?) game using Pygame, but that's different than using Python. Something called 'BaseGolf', I believe.

Some of them even ship with their source code open, for you to examine. Of course, they use Python for parts of it, not the base engine, but it's a great tool to use regardless.

--Kamilche