Re: [pygame] people hating python for game dev.

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 09:25:58AM -0700, Haroon Khalid wrote:
> I am new to game dev, and it seems lots of people are being an asshole when it comes to some
> gaming help. When I mention that python is ok for game dev, they start some shit about "there is
> like 1 commercial game in python" and all this other garbage. So does anyone know why these people
> are giving me shit about it. It seems that they hate it since its not popular compared to C.

Sid Meier's Civilization IV uses python (not pygame). I don't believe it
is written entirely in python, it just uses it for certain things. I
think there are other commerical games too that use a mixture of C and
python, but that is the only one I can think of.

http://wiki.python.org/moin/GameProgramming has some interesting
discussions of pros and cons of game programming in python.

---
James Paige