Re: [pygame] people hating python for game dev.

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 09:25 -0700, Haroon Khalid wrote:
> I am new to game dev, and it seems lots of people are being an asshole when it comes to some
> gaming help. When I mention that python is ok for game dev, they start some shit about "there is
> like 1 commercial game in python" and all this other garbage. So does anyone know why these people
> are giving me shit about it. It seems that they hate it since its not popular compared to C.

You are not able to do big game without scripting support these days.
Companies uses Python, Lua or their own scripting engine (that is
usually worse).

Generally people hate changes, their don't want to be novice again. So
they want to stay with C forever.
I like Python and Pygame. It is fast and fun to program Pygame game.
I write mostly Free Software games, but my approach for commercial game
would be to write functional game in Python and then rewrite few loops
to C++.

--
Ivo Danihelka