Re: [pygame] people hating python for game dev.

Re:  Why not write your own scripting language?  It's not hard!

In my case, it's because it's an unnecessary PITA.  If I'm developing an application, I really can't be arsed reinventing scripting languages, especially as that is not my expertise.

Re:  Sparse documentation for Lua...

I don't want to seem snide, but there really isn't enough to Lua to warrant extensive documentation.  I like it as a scripting language, and I believe that the official language spec is somewhere in the realm of "delightful to read".  Read it about three times and then give an implementation of it a fair whack.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Re:  Lunatic...

Thankyouthankyouthankyou...  I've been looking for exactly this thing, but I couldn't remember the name.

--
Andrew Ulysses Baker
"failrate"