Re: [pygame] blitting surface with surface-alpha to fullscreen display

Thanks DR0ID... Removing pygame.HWSURFACE was all I needed to do! The
fade now runs in realtime on both the fullscreen and windowed display

Hi

You know that pygame's perfomance in blitting surfaces depends on the formats you use. So for surfaces that have an alpha value (for speed) I recomend to use the convert_alpha( ) or the SRCALPHA flag when creating the surface (see the documentation for details). Once I did not use convert() on my surfaces and then I nearly doubled my speed because of using the convert().

~DR0ID