Re: [pygame] How to use the current Desktop Wallpaper as pygame background

Horst JENS wrote:

Please point me to solutions/code snippets because i doubt that i'm the
first with this question:

How to use the current Desktop Wallpaper as a background graphic for
pygame ?

Do i have to check wich OS/variant the user is running and then locate
the current Desktop Wallpaper file in the users file system ?
Like Linux/Gnome, Linux/KDE, Windows98, WinXP, MacOSX etc?
or is there an elegant solution that works with every OS/Variant ?

I don't care if i get the Desktop Wallpaper or a Screenshot of the
Desktop with all the Icons on it...
I want to make an action game where the user feel that he has to defend
"his" very own Desktop.

PIL has a ImageGrab modules that can grab the current desktop and return an image. Alas, the documentation says it is Windows only.

Will