From: Will McGugan [mailto: will@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 16:58:05 +0100
Subject: Re: [pygame] How to use the current Desktop Wallpaper as pygame background

Horst JENS wrote:>Please point me to solutions/code snippets because i doubt that i'm the>first with this question:>>How to use the current Desktop Wallpaper as a background graphic for>pygame ?>>Do i have to check wich OS/variant the user is running and then locate>the current Desktop Wallpaper file in the users file system ?>Like Linux/Gnome, Linux/KDE, Windows98, WinXP, MacOSX etc?>or is there an elegant solution that works with every OS/Variant ?>>I don't care if i get the Desktop Wallpaper or a Screenshot of the>Desktop with all the Icons on it...>I want to make an action game where the user feel that he has to defend>"his" very own Desktop.>  >PIL has a ImageGrab modules that can grab the current desktop and return an image. Alas, the documentation says it is Windows only.Will

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com