RE: [pygame] Transparent PNGs

That png image worked for me. I just renamed the file and plugged it into droids colorkey tutorial code for a test. Worked without any modification.. and I removed the "image.set_colorkey((255,0,255))" line as well from it since not using it, and still ran transparent..  Don't know. seems like a good image to me.
Dennis

 --- On Sun 05/27, Kris Schnee < kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
From: Kris Schnee [mailto: kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx]
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 14:45:41 -0400
Subject: [pygame] Transparent PNGs

To finally revisit this topic: I'm having trouble making transparentPNGs. I'm using Photoshop LE, and can make transparent GIFs, but thetransparency doesn't show up when I make a PNG the same way: deletingthe background, leaving the "nothing here" checkerboard pattern on thescreen. Attached is an example made this way that's still nottransparent. Any idea what's wrong?Attachment: spikes2.png  (11.86KB)

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com