Re: [pygame] Mouse and Fullscreen

Hi John,

----- Original Message ----
From: John Eriksson <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, 29 May, 2007 3:19:26 PM
Subject: [pygame] Mouse and Fullscreen

Hi,

I'm having some troubles using the mouse pointer when setting the
display to fullscreen. I have no problems on Linux but in Windows the
mouse doesnät show up. (Maybe just some occasional flicker.)

Is this known problem or am I doing something wrong.

I'm trying to set the resolution to 800x600.

Best Regards
/John

Before switching to Python, I was writing a Java SDL app, and encountered the same problem. I wrote code to display a custom mouse pointer, which worked in a Windows window but never in fullscreen mode. Actually, it did kind-of show, appearing once in a while right near the other cursor. So, I was getting a mix of two cursors. This was so annoying, especially since I went to the trouble of having a custom animated cursor. I checked out the docs on SDL website and found that other people had the same trouble. The author of SDL said that it's currently a bug and that it may be addressed in a future version of SDL. The problem, if I recall, is that SDL can only blit the cursor on one of the two page-flipped frames (the secondary one, never the primary). Although I'm new at Pygame, I think its graphics functionality is all SDL-based, so the effect you're getting doesn't surprise me. Maybe some Pygame guru can solve the problem, but if it's an underlying SDL problem, you're probably out of luck, as I was!

Cheers,

Andrew.

How would you spend $50,000 to create a more sustainable environment in Australia? Go to Yahoo!7 Answers and share your idea.