Re: [pygame] Fullscreen perfomance problems

Hi

I'm having huge perfomance problems when testing my game Slingshot in
fullscreen mode. There are no perfomance problems what so ever when playing
in windows mode.

I've tried both with and without hardware surface display. When trying to
convert the images there are a huge perfomance boost but then I loose the
alpha values.

I've also tried to use convert_alpha but without improvement.

Without improvement in speed? One case which is very slow is when you
have to read from a hardware surface, which unaccelerated alpha blits
have to do. Perhaps the answer is that your window mode is actually
unaccelerated, so everything is in software there.

Can you try to see what pygame.display.Info() returns for the two cases?

Regards,
Ulf