Re: [pygame] "Shining Sea" source code

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 07:01:07PM -0000, kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> A version with source code:
> http://kschnee.xepher.net/code/070530ShiningSeaSource.zip

Thanks!

I had to change all font.render() calls to enable anti-aliasing, to
sidestep a bug in Ubuntu's pygame (segmentation faults when rendering
non-anti-aliased spaces).  The game starts, but I cannot control anything.
I believe you mentioned W, A, S, D keys?  Nothing happens.  When I kill
the game, I get this traceback:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "Shining Sea.py", line 687, in <module>
        game.Go()
      File "Shining Sea.py", line 634, in Go
        function_to_call()
      File "Shining Sea.py", line 608, in WanderingScreen
        Conch.j.PlaySong("island")
      File "/tmp/shining-sea/Conch/conch.py", line 128, in PlaySong
        if pygame.mixer.music.get_busy():
    KeyboardInterrupt

(BTW there's no sound or music.)

Marius Gedminas
--
Voodoo Programming:  Things programmers do that they know shouldn't work but
they try anyway, and which sometimes actually work, such as recompiling