Re: [pygame] 'Shining Sea' source code

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 10:02:34PM -0000, kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > The game starts, but I cannot control anything. I believe you
> > mentioned W, A, S, D keys?  Nothing happens.  When I kill the game,
> > I get this traceback: if pygame.mixer.music.get_busy():
> > KeyboardInterrupt (BTW there's no sound or music.)
> I made the ZIP file directly from a working set of code and just zipped up
> the whole directory, with all the music etc.. Is there some reason the
> code wouldn't be portable? Hmm... the music is in MIDI; does Ubuntu's
> Pygame support that?

That could be it.  I'm pretty sure this dinky laptop soundcard doesn't
have any MIDI capability of its own, and today's Linux systems don't
provide a software synthesizer out of the box (you can get one, but only
if you run it manually).

*tests*

Yes, that was it.  I renamed the 'music' directory so the game wouldn't
find it, and I had no problems after that.

Marius Gedminas
--
The death rate on Earth is: .... (computing) .... One per person.