RE: [pygame] Google Summer of Code: Testing

Brian,

Thanks for your reply. I have been chewing over it a bit and if I understand
you correctly you have 2 main points.

necessity of the mundane
========================

"arguments you pass to create or init something are actually respected"

I think that these are probably the most import parts to test. The meat and
potatoes. Do my plans sound too ambitious?

don't jump too quick into interactive testing

"best facilitated by adding functionality to pygame that reports on
internals of things"

I think that's a good point. Try where possible to use automated testing. Is
this the point you were making? Yes, the interactive tests will be more an
enhancement rather than a replacement. I see interactive tests as useful for
"testing the tests". Is this function that reports on the internals working
correctly? Everything _seems_ fine, the tests are passing but it's not
working. It's about automating and structuring as much as possible all the
little checks you would do anyway but in an ad-hoc manner.

Let me know if I am not understanding you correctly. I want to be on the
same page.

Nick.