[pygame] seg fault question with numpy and pygame and py2exe

Hello all,

I have read that there is an issue with Exception in _numpysurfarray.py
But I don't think my issue is the same. The code compiles and runs fine normally using python interpreter. When I run py2exe I produce a windows executable. But, when I run the windows executable, I get a segmentation fault. Here is the actual error:

Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation Fault

I tried to make the smallest case example:
#!/usr/bin/env python

import os
import pygame
import numpy
from pygame.locals import *

def main():
    pygame.init()
    mini=pygame.Surface((5,5))
    mini_surfarray = pygame.surfarray.array3d(mini)

#this calls the 'main' function when this script is executed
if __name__ == '__main__': main()

Here is my system information:
windows 64 vista
python:  2.5.2
pygame 1.8.0
py2exe 0.6.6
numpy 1.0.4

Is this the same issue as numpysurfarray.py? I apologize if this is a py2exe or numpy issue. I am not sure where to look further since the pygame parachute doesn't give me more information.

-andy