Re: [pygame] BUG: virtual input mode seems all broken on my Vista machine on 1.8.0

Well, ahh, Windows 98.

Lenard

Brian Fisher wrote:
Sounds like it works fine for you - what OS is that?

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:len-l@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I definitely don't have Vista and the only peculiarity I see is
    that mouse position jumps when visibility is toggled. This happens
    when grab is on and the mouse is moved before switching
    visibility. It is also present in Pygame 1.7 as well.

    Lenard

    Brian Fisher wrote:

        I haven't tried pygame 1.7 and I haven't tried on other
        machines yet, but with pygame 1.8.0release on my vista
        machine, anytime the mouse is in virtual input mode (mouse
        grabbed and cursor hidden, or fullscreen and cursor hidden)
        mouse control gets screwy on my Vista machine (seems to get
        shoved to the screen edges a lot) - oddly enough though, the
        mouse doesn't get screwy until a key message is processed...

        Attached is a test script - with it everything seems fine at
        first, until a key is pressed, then it goes bad. You can
        switch fullscreen, mouse grab and mouse visible with the f, g
        and m keys respectively to see that the screwiness is tied to
        cases where virtual mouse input is on.

        I'm curious if this happens for anybody else, on other OS's,
        so if you try it out, please let me know if you see the same
        problems.