Re: [pygame] running downloaded games / auto installer

timmcilveen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,
I know its a basic question, but when I have downloaded some games from the pygame site that contain various files and folders. Where do I need to copy these files and folders to, in order to get the games to run?

Just one more question. Is it possible to package a game written in python with the python language, pygame and an installer that will install the necessary packages on a users computer - the way you would install a commercial game written in C++?
Thanks.

tim

PyGame games are incredibly easy to run. For windows, you just need to unzip the folder, enter the folder, and double click on the start script. It might be titled the same as the name of the game or called something different, like run_main.py, Run [The name of the game].bat, main.py, start_game.py, or something else. Just double click on the file that looks important.

For Linux, you need to untar the directory, cd into the directory, and start the main script with "python [The name of the main script].py". If you can't figure out which script starts the game, just list the filed in the directory for me and I should be able to tell you which is the right one.

Evan Kroske