Re: [pygame] SDL_ffmpeg vs ffmpeg

Hi Tyler,

If licensing permits, an existing ffplay could be included with Pygame on Windows. It would likely support more codecs than anything I would build. For some reason my first build attempt omitted ffplay.

Lenard

Tyler Laing wrote:
Lenard, Rene, and anyone else that is concerned, I was considering that ffplay could be distributed as a statically built executable, so the movie module can, in the worst case scenario, fall back on a working movie player that it knows about, and exactly where it is located. This lessens the need for the user to have vlc, mplayer, or any other video player installed.

-