Re: [pygame] file mods and svn props for executables

On, Tue May 12, 2009, Rene Dudfield wrote:

> hi,
>
> for ease of use, they probably should be marked executable... but if Marcus
> reckons there's issues with that, maybe we shouldn't bother.

I just snooped around in other SVN projects and it seems to be pretty
common to mark anything executable. I should check for that more often.

However, my experience was with transfers from and to SVN (bzr and cvs
conversions mainly), which tended to break a lot with executable bits
set (though a lot with other unsupported bits broke as well).

[...]
> the '#!/usr/bin/env python' part should definitely stay there.

If we go with executable bits for the examples, all of them will need
that line - and I wonder, whether it is good style to have some python
module installed, where 99 percent of the files are marked executable?
For examples I see the reason, but modules?

Regards
Marcus