Re: [pygame] pygame.midi using portmidi?

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I believe Brian doesn't have portmidi.dll installed. I will repackage the
> Windows dependencies with a new portmidi that doesn't print debug messages. This
> will be the official dependencies for Pygame 1.9.0. The ffmpeg libraries, which
> are somewhat large, will be in a separate zip file that can be dropped into the
> prebuilt directory for development.
>
> Lenard

Awesome.

I think he does have it installed on at least the windows installs.

Brian, can you confirm if it's installed on the OSX build bots?

Also, do you know how to compile portmidi on OSX?  I couldn't get it
to compile on OSX (if you can't remember I'll try and work it out :).

ps.  I renamed two functions... cause they were very long.  So if
anyone was using the pre-release code, you'll need to update your
code... as I've broken your program!  sorry.
from:
  pygame.midi.get_default_input_device_id
to:
  pygame.midi.get_default_input_id

from:
  pygame.midi.get_default_output_device_id
to:
  pygame.midi.get_default_output_id

cheers,