Re: [pygame] Layout module for Pygame surfaces

Cool. A  GUI builder / editor would be useful.

Would it be better to design the format to be a non-specific toolkit?
You would edit your GUI , saving xml. Then the game render's using it's toolkit.

I don't have much experience with  different toolkits, so I don't know if it's best to specifically target one library?

On a related note, In a different thread, I found: ALBOW allows you to draw in 3d, while using 2d surface rendering.

quote: You might like to look at my Albow gui library. I've recently
added OpenGL support that lets you use both 2D widgets and
3D drawing areas at the same time. The 2D widgets are standard
pygame surfaces that you can use all the usual drawing techniques
on.

http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python/Albow/

Behind the scenes, 2D drawing is done to offscreen surfaces that
are then copied to the OpenGL window using glDrawPixels().

--
Jake