Re: [pygame] question about Rect objects

Alex Hall wrote:
Can Pygame detect
where on the grid that is with some sort of onImageClick type method,
or do I have to track coordinates?

Just track coordinates. For a regular grid, it's very easy. If the
user clicks at (x, y) and the size of your grid cell is (w, h), then
the coordinates of the clicked cell are (x // w, y // h).

Looks like I have to do a lot more reading on sprites.

I wouldn't bother with sprites. Just loop over your grid coordinates,
calculate the pixel coordinates of the corresponding rect for each
cell, and fill it with the appropriate colour.

maybe define a
blue, red, and white rect

Rects don't have colours, they just hold coordinates. You only need
one rect. The colour is specified when you make the call to draw it.

--
Greg