Re: [pygame] Has anyone made an internet game?

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Nathan Franck <gorksorf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Although I can't run the game because I have troubles installing pyopengl, I'm learning a deal from the game data... But where can I download this server code? It'd be a <big> help.
Check the comments from last year.  The link is still good: http://www.geometrian.com/Programs/Spacewar%20Multi%20Server.zip
Also, how is a server run from a website?
Basically, a server is a computer that's almost always on and usually serves only internet functions.

For testing, I simply run the server on my computer, and have the client connect to "localhost".  When it's all good and ready, then it can be FTP-ed to a permanent server computer and run there.

As far as that goes, there's a way to install Python on the server computer and then run .py files.  PyMike has done this before, and knows much more about it than I do.
Thanks and all.
Ian