Re: [pygame] pygame music

Hi Mark,

The behavior of set_pos/Mix_SetMusicPosition depends on file type. In the SDL_mixer documentation is states that for mp3 files the position advances playback relative to the current position, not the start of file. I suggest exactly what you did, rewind first. And set_pos behavior differs for other file types. I didn't bother copying all this into the Pygame docs because I imaging it all depends on the version of SDL_mixer in use.

Lenard

Mark Reed wrote:
I dropped it into my app and it works perfectly with Ubuntu except a
bit of a performance problem with the way SDL handles mp3 files as
music.rewind() has to be called first before set_pos or
play(start=60).. play(start=60) actually skips ahead 60 seconds if the
music is already playing instead of resetting the start point to 60
seconds.

If the windows build isn't too hairy I'll test it there sometime soon.

Thanks,

Mark