Re: [pygame] Making animation.

You could do some of those effects as a normal animation. But I think what you're really looking for is "particle effects", especially for smoke, fire, water splashes, etc. there's tons of information on this on the internet and a few python 3rd party libraries. Basically you need to draw lots of tiny sprites that "emit" from a location and have a physics algorithm to make them move like the effect you want for a certain lifespan and that use different alpha values and blend modes to make them look like the effect you want when piled on top of each other.

Devon