Re: [pygame] Sphinx versions

Hi René,

On 30/05/11 04:53 AM, René Dudfield wrote:

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:len-l@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi,

    RENÉ: I noticed you having problems with differing Sphinx
    versions. I have had similar problems. I would be happy to use
    Sphinx 1 exclusively. Right now I have Sphinx 0.6 installed only
    for the Debian system python, 2.6. I will upgrade to Sphinx
    1.1pre. Then Pygame support can be dropped for anything before
    version 1.0.

    Lenard Lindstrom

Hey ya,

the only problem I had was that with different versions of sphinx it added a footer saying "made with sphinx X.X". Which caused all of the html files to be "changed" when only the sphinx version footer changed. I hoped the config item I added told sphinx not to add the version number/footer in there. I hope that didn't cause you any troubles.

cya!
I tried updating the docs with Sphinx 1.1 and it changed the footer again. But I reverted the docs so they won't affect svn. I will look into making the footer consistent, or even removing it all together.

I did have other problems besides the footer issue. The internal parse tree changed, so I had to compensate for a removed node type for Sphinx 1.1. Also, Sphinx 1.x has added namespaces, which can be included in the doc source if 0.6 is no longer supported. I had no problems installing Sphinx 1.1 and its dependencies. It is needed for Python 3.x anyway.

Lenard Lindstrom