Re: [pygame] the changes

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Pete Shinners wrote:

>#first we create the 'popular' data types
>x, y = 10, 20
>h, w = 100, 200
>pos = x, y
>size = h, w
>r = new_rect(pos, size)
>
>#now we blit away
>dst.blit(src, (0, 0), (x, y, w, h))
>dst.blit(src, (0, 0), (pos, size))
>dst.blit(src, (0, 0), pos + size)
>dst.blit(src, (0, 0), r)

Are we going back to what PySDL had, with it's three arguments for
blitting? I just managed to clean up all my blit() calls to use two
parameters, i.e:

surface.blit ( icon, (x, y) )

which is a lot cleaner than the pysdl one. I usually blit whole icons, so
I don't need to specify a subicon of the icon I'm blitting. Or have I
misunderstood the parameters?

If possible, please leave a door open so that I can use the above way of
blitting things. I'd feel a little stupid going over my blits once again
and convert them back (I have blits in about 50 different locations).

If the third parameter is optional I'm all go for it, if it lets keep what
I have right now.