[pygame] 0.3 Released

Version 0.3 of pygame is released and ready for your paws.

everything tests out really well. the only real request for people
using previous versions of pygame is to delete the installation
directory. on windows it's in $PYTHONHOME, on unix it is in the
"site-packages" directory. this is not necessary, but it will help
dodge any strange conflicts that arise. another thing is your old
"Setup" files will not work anymore. the only real change needed
is the name of the music module is now "mixer_music". a simple
fix for old Setup files, but...

the "auto-config" routines are a little smarter now. there is
now a simple "config.py" script you can run which will make
a pretty good shot at getting your Setup file created. i'd like
to get feedback on the new config stuff. it is about the same on
windows. on unix now it attempts to use the "sdl-config" script
to automatically get the proper compiler flags. please try and
report :]

of course, if you download the precompiled win32 version or
add the dependency binaries to your download the setup file
will be taken care of automatic.

if you've been following the mailing list, there's really no
surprises in here. i spent a little time trying to get the
compile cleaned up on linux, a lot less warnings. also added a
Surface.save() routine.

there's a set of downloads waiting for you at
http://pygame.seul.org/download.shtml (the old files will still
be available for a little while)

i'm guessing RPM's will be coming in soon, but don't wait. if
you use them i don't get feedback on the new unix config stuff :]

i'm pretty pleased with the way this turned out. i went back and
looked at my "checklist" i posted when 0.2 was released.

<<..time machine, way back to Nov 3rd..>>
> 1- windows binary release (sdl & friends are a lot of work!)
> 2- documentation needs expanding. mainly in subject headers
> 3- surfarray needs to support all common bit depths
> 4- need to look at and decide on the joystick/cdrom modules
> 5- quick tutorial or two
> 6- timer events
> 7- integration of more modules (gui, drawing, ??)

the big thing left for me is a cleanup of the joystick and
cdrom modules. i'm still not sure what direction to take these in.
i'm gonna stop avoiding them now and try to iron something out.
i'll post for feedback when i've got something semi-pleasing

in the meantime. grab the latest version. sorry about the
code breaking in this release. the good news is i've covered all
the things i was uncertain about, so that should be the last
breaking update. (who knows what the future holds?)