Re: [pygame] constructor nomenclature

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Pete Shinners wrote:

I vote for having constructors with the same name as the type. As the
types are capitalized, so should the constructors.

>if the pygame examples are any indicator, it has been fairly simple to
>keep them up-to-date with all my pygame changes. i'm hoping the code
>you guys are working on out there is similar. for the most part these
>breaks should just be a matter of search&replace. (still a pain though)

Maybe, but for me it's starting to be quite much work. I have so far ~75
files and ~9kloc, so it's quite a lot to go through. Especially as my
limited Python knowledge doesn't make it any easier to fix the changes
than: fix, run, spot error, fix, run, spot error... ad nauseum

Is there some way to go through the code and find errors (like a compiler
does)? Now there usually is some old code in some obscure function that
does not get called every game, but when it does it again crashes with
references to old code. This can be frustrating, especially if it was
days/weeks since I made the changes.

	Chakie